When it comes to mergers and acquisitions, balancing speed and accuracy is key. Many deals involve significant volumes of contracts and documents requiring review – making it a challenge for law firms and corporate legal departments to allocate their staff resources while keeping costs under control. At QuisLex, we provide battle-tested M&A solutions that ensure quality, meet demanding timelines, and can save millions. Headquartered in New York and in Hyderabad, India, QuisLex is a minority business enterprise (MBE) that supports supported global clients, across 16 time zones and various jurisdictions, from industries such as Technology, Pharma, Retail, Finance, Insurance and Banking.
Pre- and post-due diligence support for buy- or sell-side mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs,
divestitures, and corporate restructurings
Committed to Excellence
Our senior management team is led by attorneys with 25 years of experience at premier M&A firms, including Shearman & Sterling, Skadden, and Simpson Thacher. Combining this deep expertise with contract due diligence and operational experts, QuisLex delivers the highest level work product on time and on budget.
Rapidly Deployed Solutions
With large, highly specialized teams of full-time lawyers, we scale up quickly to meet even the most aggressive of deal-driven timelines. Leveraging standardized procedures based on years of experience, we get the review started quickly and ensure alignment by tailoring review guidance and templates to the specifics of your review.
We leverage leading-edge tools specifically built for abstracting provisions relevant to M&A transactions, including change of control and assignment provisions. Our due diligence experts quality control the results and complete a nuanced analysis. The work is managed on an end-to-end workflow and collaboration platform.
Predictable & Attractive Pricing
We offer a fixed pricing option that provides budget predictability. Our lower cost structure (we do not bill for overtime) in combination with strong process efficiency mean we help increase your ROI for deals that close and lessen the cost impact of deals that do not close.
Committed to Excellence
QuisLex’s senior management team is led by attorneys with decades of relevant experience in buy- and sell-side mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, divestitures, and corporate restructurings. Our leadership comes to us from premier M&A firms, including:
- Shearman & Sterling
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
We combine deep expertise with a focus on contract due diligence and improved operational processes. The result is the best possible work product, completed on time and on budget.
Rapidly Deployed Solutions
At QuisLex, we boast a team of over 1,000permanent, highly trained lawyers. We assign well-resourced and specialized teams to each M&A engagement, allowing us to scale up quickly even when faced with the most aggressive, deal-driven timelines.
We draw on our years of experience and Six Sigma processes to ensure alignment with your values and goals, templates and review guidelines are tailored to your company.
We leverage innovative technology solutions and consult with our clients to select, implement and optimize the best technology available. Through our in-house Legal Technology Group, we have utilized platforms such as LegalSifter, eBrevia, Apttus, LexCheck, Seal, Kira, Salesforce as well as other leading contract management technologies specifically built for abstracting provisions relevant to M&A transactions, such as:
- Change of control
- Assignment provisions
- Standard Contractual Clauses
- Draft and negotiate Data Processing Agreements (both sales and supplier sides)
- Draft and negotiate privacy language in commercial agreements
- Manage large-scale compliance projects to facilitate updates to all existing Data Processing Agreements to include the most up-to-date version of the standard contractual clauses
The due diligence professionals at QuisLex can perform quality control checks on the results and complete a nuanced analysis. All work is managed on an end-to-end platform that simplifies collaboration between QuisLex and your in-house counsel. And with our extensive experience in multiple technologies, we can tailor our services to your existing tools and programs.
To ensure continuous improvement, QuisLex also tracks key metrics for each client. With robust analytics and reporting, we drive efficiencies and help inform future business decisions.
Predictable and Attractive Pricing
We understand the importance of budget predictability – especially when a merger or major corporate restructuring is on the horizon. QuisLex offers flexible pricing options to help our clients plan for the future. Our lower cost structure means that QuisLex helps your company increase ROI for deals that close and mitigates the impact of deals that may not pan out.
Areas of Expertise in Mergers and Acquisitions
Unlike other firms, we don’t just offer due diligence support. We support our clients at each step of the transaction through:
- Pre-merger data room preparation
- Contract collection and optical character recognition (OCR)
- Redaction of sensitive information
- Preparation of disclosure schedules
- Drafting of consent and termination notices
- Creating amendments as part of an integration
The quality of QuisLex’s work is reflected in our strong track record in the M&A arena. Our past projects include:
- Several multibillion-dollar acquisitions by a Fortune 100 technology company
- 90 deals, ranging in value from small to large, for a global information management company, including multibillion-dollar transactions
- Transfer of servicing rights to $1B in mortgage-backed securities for a financial services company
- More than 30 M&A transactions for a leading provider of cloud computing and platform virtualization software and services
- Restructuring of a large manufacturing conglomerate into three separate public companies covering 400 global entities, in addition to an internal reorganization of roles for the client's in-house and external legal teams
Recognition and Awards
QuisLex has received the following awards and acknowledgments for our managed legal services:
- Band 1 ranking in Chambers and Partners’Alternative Legal Service Providers sector report for both Contract Lifecycle Management and Litigation Services
- 2021 Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Value Champion with NetApp, KP Labs, and LexCheck
- 2020 ACC Value Champion with VMware
- 2019 ACC Value Champion with Deutsche Bank
- 2018 ACC Counsel Value Champion with Ocwen Financial Corporation, and their law firms Hunton Andrews Kurth and Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
QuisLex COO Sirisha Gummaregula has received multiple awards, including:
- Named to the ABA Legal Technology Resource Center’s distinguished Women of Legal Tech list of 2020
- Selected by Corporate Counsel as an honoree in the 2020 Women, Influence & Power in Law Awards in the Leadership Awards: Innovative Leadershipcategory
- Selected as a Top 50 COO at the 2022 OnCon Icon Awards
QuisLex has highly trained permanent staff members at offices around the world, including:
- New York City, NY
- Hyderabad, India
- Washington, DC
- Chicago, IL
- London, England
- San Francisco, CA
- Dallas, TX
- Berlin, Germany
We are proud to hold several relevant industry certifications, including:
- ISO 27001:2013 (Certification for Information Security from the International Organization for Standardization)
- ISO 9001:2015 (Certification for Quality Management from the International Organization for Standardization)
- SSAE 16 (formerly SAS 70 Type II) Certification for Compliance
- HITRUST CSF (Common Security Framework) Certified
- HIPAA compliant
Choose QuisLex for M&A Services
With strong staff retention and recruitment from top law schools in the U.S., Europe, and India, QuisLex brings a wealth of expertise to each engagement. Our advanced security measures mean we can support companies and law firms all over the world.
To find out more about how QuisLex can help your organization with mergers and acquisitions, contact us today.
If you’re ready to learn more, please fill out the contact form
and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Please do not use this form to apply for a job, instead contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.